A fire in January of 1906 destroyed Frank Atchinson’s store and several other buildings on the north side of Cedar Ave. east of Bowery. This building was already under construction at the time, but the fire made it necessary to speed its construction. He reopened in the new building by the end of March 1906. Many “old-timers” will remember this as the location of Goldberg’s Department store. More recently it has been home to the Main Street Gym. The Bank building has also seen many businesses – it was Smith-Miller Real Estate for a long time, then an Abstract and Title company, and more recently has been a Jewelry Store. Photo from the collection of Elmer Ogg.