MICHIGAN – Residents of the state of Michigan have known for years that it is an outdoor paradise, but finally outsiders are starting to catch on. TripSavvy, a national travel publication, named Michigan the best place in the world for outdoor enthusiasts in 2020 on Wednesday, Jan. 8 as part of its annual list highlighting hot spots for various activities and interests. The best places to travel in 2020 for history buffs, foodies, honeymooners, fine dining, culture and more were included in the same list.
TripSavvy writer Emily Hines wrote about several of Michigan’s most popular outdoor attractions in the post including Pictured Rocks, Presque Isle Park’s Blackrocks, Tahquamenon Falls, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, the Mackinac Bridge and The Tunnel of Trees on M-119.
Michigan is listed along other top 2020 picks from around the world. The publication’s other choices include:
- Destination of the Year: New Orleans
- Best for a Bucket List: Rwanda
- Best for History Buffs: Washington D.C.
- Best for Sports Fans: Las Vegas
- Best for Booze Hounds: Richmond, Virginia
- Best for the Food-Obsessed: Puerto Rico
- Best for Romance: Rome
- Best for Brunch: Victoria, B.C.
- Best for Geeks: Tucson, Arizona
- Best for Shopping: Buenos Aires
- Best for Beach Bums: Montenegro
- Best for Fine Dining: Bangkok
- Best for Culture Vultures: Galway, Ireland
- Best for Families: St. Louis
- Best for Plant Moms: Central Coast, California
- Best for a Quick Bite: Seoul
- Best for Café Culture: Melbourne
- Best for a Sweet Tooth: Copenhagen