GLADWIN – The Gladwin Fire Department issued a press release on Jan. 11 stating that they were dispatched on Friday, January 8 at 8:45 p.m. to 4767 W. Buzzell Rd. in Grout Township for a structure fire. 

According to the release, the property owner is the one who discovered the fire. The wooden structure was heavily involved when it was discovered by the first responders. The release states that the structure was being used as an animal shelter and several of the animals had perished as a result of the fire.

Fortunately, the building was separated from nearby structures enough that no other structures suffered any damage. The involved building and its contents were a total loss. The cause of the fire appears to have been some type of heating system malfunction and is considered to be accidental according to Assistant Fire Chief for Gladwin Fire, Greg Alward. There were minor injuries due to propane tanks rupturing.   

There is no insurance on the building or its contents. The Red Cross was contacted, however Gladwin Fire has no information on any action being taken by Red Cross at this time. Automatic mutual aid brought Harrison and Beaverton Fire Departments in to assist. Firefighters were on scene for roughly two hours.

You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.
0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you