Clarwin Rd. Fire

Clare County

On Sunday, January 9, at 11:17 p.m., Harrison Community Fire Department responded to a reported garage fire at 2638 N. Clarwin Rd. Upon their arrival, firefighters found a residence with an attached garage that was fully engulfed. 

Crews were able to stop the fire spread at the breezeway of the home. The rest of the house suffered from major smoke and heat damage. The Harrison Community Fire Department was assisted by the Gladwin Rural Urban Fire Department and the Clare Fire Department. The firefighters were on scene for roughly three hours. 

No one was injured in the fire. Brian Walker, the homeowner, was getting ready to go to bed when he saw fire coming from the area around the outdoor wood boiler, which was attached to the back of the garage. He and his wife, Laura and son, Brett were able to safely exit the house. Their daughter, Brianna lives in Grand Rapids and was not at the home. 

According to the Harrison Community Fire Department, the fire remains under investigation. 

The family has a donation fund that has been set up for them, as they are in need of basic and necessary items. According to the Facebook donation description, the family lost everything in the fire including vehicles and pets. 

As of Tuesday, January 11, the fund has raised $1,035 of its $5,000 goal. Those looking to offer their support may visit www.facebook.com/donate/ 967845127439367/295891168775 4673/ to contribute to the Walker family fund.  

Trending Recipe Videos


You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.
0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you