BEAVERTON – Business Professionals of America (BPA) members from Beaverton High School competed against over 500 students from 17 area schools at the Region 8 Leadership Conference at Central Michigan University on Jan. 6.
Twelve members from Beaverton Jr./Sr. High School competed in various business events, which included giving presentations, interviewing for a job, composing business documents using business applications, solving financial business problems, and answering objective type questions on business topics.
The following students qualify to advance to the state competition in Grand Rapids in March. If they are successful in Grand Rapids, they may qualify to compete at the National Conference in Dallas, Texas in May.
• Parker Hayes 1st Advanced Accounting, 1st Administrative Support Concepts, 1st Financial Math and Analysis, 3rd Payroll Accounting, Diplomat Torch Award
• Anna Brushaber 3rd Interview Skills, Diplomat Torch Award
• McKenzie Snooks 1st Advanced Office Systems, 5th Medical Office Procedures
• Jordan Williams 1st Medical Office Procedures
• Kiley Baker 2nd Legal Office Procedures, 3rd Business Law and Ethics
• Cora Fassett 2nd Basic Office Systems
• Marc Snooks 2nd Graphic Design and Promotion
• Eli Hayes 3rd Intermediate Word Processing
• Drew Minkina 5th Database Applications
• Haley Vulders 5th Banking and Finance
Advisor Mrs. Jennie Ewert is proud of what her students accomplished at Regional Competition. She would also like to thank local co-business teacher Michelle Roe for her help in proctoring and grading two events and Amy Brushaber and Stacie Oard-Fassett for serving as chaperones.